CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Two NUTS in Ethiopia


So SHE FINALLY ARRIVES!!!

I hear many little sounds that I mistake for my friend and security blanket, Kim. None to be her. I have lost all track of time. I spring from bed only to be disappointed time and time again and then FINALLY, I hear KB talking to her and coming to the door. I spring from bed internally speaking though I don't know that it looked like that physically given the state I was in and welcome her! We were so excited to see each other. We were both so ready for a bit of home and we were all of home that we would have for the next many days. We appreciated and loved each other for that from the very moment we reconnected.

She told me of her travels. How hard it really was to leave home with so much unknown to conquer between there and here. I totally understood. We caught up... the sun rose as we spoke. She wanted a shower... I know... we were both really disappointed by this. All the normal comforts were stripped away and yet, we had each other. That was comfort enough for now. I told her about court. We both sat in shock. She hugged me as I cried. Enough of that- we had a world to explore and great work to be done. Neither of us could sleep dispite our exhaustion... we changed into something clean though we were not, and at my suggestion, we went outside the confines of our property and headed into the GREAT UNKNOWN! We made it. Only by the strength of God did we make it there... and we finally were able to see and do what we were sent to. Boy did it feel good. It made all the wrongs right, in that moment.

1 comments:

Joyce said...

Your strength is so admirable! Brooke you continue to be one of the strongest people I know! God Bless you!