CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finally, A Satisfied Stomach

So I told you that the day was a stressful one. That doesn't mean that it wasn't a day full of God's purpose. The orphanage took up the morning. We still had not heard from Grace. We were hungry at at this point, just needed to get some good food into us. Tom knew a place and he took us there. It was a restaurant we fell in love with. We asked for fast food, thinking of something in a to-go bag that would likely take 5 minutes to make. And this is what we got.

It was by a photo place and Nettie needed 2 pictures for her paperwork. We got that taken care of and then we headed up stairs and got a seat in a crowded little diner. So apparently, and after trying our theory in several ways, ther is no fast food. We sit down, ask for a menu in English, and yes, I order a Fanta. I order the MOST FABULOUS meat and rich dish. And Kim orders the same. The boys order spaghetti and meatballs and it looked like true Italian sauce. YUM! Now Nettie had enough of the day already. This made an already stressful day for Kim- well... worse. Kim had to leave the restaurant with her stomach half full. Later returning for an attempt to fill her and Nettie up. I felt bad for poor Nettie. She had done so much transitioning in the past couple of days and had been so good through it all. She was tired. She was hungry... and most certainly, she was confused. So this amazing meal came to 89 birr for all 5 of us to eat and drink. Yes, that is $8.90 US dollars. I tipped as I always did- about 30%. This always takes the servers back. No one there does that. We even got asked if we made a mistake one time by the server. I assured her that I did not. Then the manager followed up her questioning and stood in shock as I told him that I was certain that I intended to leave the tip. Anyway, how could I not. The WHOLE meal, the best meal I had eaten, was only a couple dollars per person.

So as to not bring back the real stress of the day as I write. Or as not to cause poor Kim a meltdown as she recalls the events while reading my blog, let's suffice it to say that getting the passport and the visa proved to take up the ENTIRE rest of our day through supper time. And though we got the passport, we did not get the visa and had little hope of getting it on Monday. This meant that there was a very low chance of Kim leaving on Monday when she had planned. But again, it was all a part of God's plan even though it wasn't part of ours!

0 comments: