CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Clouds are Calling, the Coaster is Falling

Well, it is tomorrow morning, EARLY morning, that I join the rankings with the birds in the sky. I take flight for my big Ethiopian adventure. I am mostly packed. Mostly ready. Of course a wife and mother is never really ready to say goodbye to her family for 10 days. And though one may
"think" they are ready for a trip like this, I think I know better than to even pretend to really be ready. Of course I have every medicine that I don't likely even need but know I could not buy if I did, my clothes, my waterproof all leather sneakers, my passport, crisp money (hard to find by the way), camera, notebooks, Bible, gum, etc... all the donations to take over (1 full suitcase and half another!!). But am I ready?? I can't even really begin to answer that. It is like asking if you are ready for your first BIG roller coaster. You think you know what it will be like and you think it will be great, but the reality of the matter is that you could come off puking in your hands! And though my odds of diarhhea are much greater than puke, I know that whether I am really ready of not, the Lord has prepared my heart and soul for whatever it is I am supposed to get out of this. And if there is diarhhea or luggage lost or camera malfunctions (a bad dream last night on that) or my roller coaster is just much faster than I bargained for... It will be just as it is intended to be and I have a great peace about going. You will not hear from me for some time, and when you finally do- BOY WILL I HAVE A LOT TO SAY!!! God bless family and friends. I will be back late on the 1st of July!

0 comments: