CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

America's Got Talent and SO DO I!!!!

Once again I am naughty for not writing more. So sorry... I was afraid of not having enough to do to stay busy with the kids this summer but the opposite holds true!

I was watching America's Got Talent tonight in silence as my daughter is at summer camp in Picacho, Az. I miss her. She may be a challenging child at times, but she is so sweet and snuggly at night and I usually snuggle up with her to settle down for the evening. Anyway, as I saw a cancer survivor sing her heart out and the cutest 8 year old play the piano while singing, followed by big smiles and bold jokes, I just felt good. I love that show. It reminds me of what is right about people, Americans in particular. In a time where there is so much stress in our homes and in our economy, it is fresh to turn on the tv and see real people just believing that joy can be found in chasing their dreams.

I think of my children. I wonder what their dreams will be made of. What talents will they be blessed with? Though the world may not have the EXPRESSED PRIVELEDGE of seeing their talents as we do those on tv tonight, I am so excited to see them and perhaps even hoard them to myself!? Their smiles are so great. Their pleasures so simple and joys so huge... somewhere along the way most people get robbed of those simple pleasures and in their place comes worries of dating, social pressures, failed expectations, misnegotiated relationships, etc... we all give ourselves away to some of it if not all of it. But is that what has to be? I sit their tonight after a day I took to rest, for myself and away from my home and the chores within it, and I am reminded that in our youth we are naieve to all life demands so just enjoy all that we are surrounded by... I wonder if I could make a concious choice to enjoy those things again and find that inner youth again. I see my life as so joy filled and full of so many blessings, yet my children far surpass me in a daily smile count. I will let you know how it goes as I conciously seek joy in my every day... not letting anyone or anything come in between me and that joy that I have inside. Hmmm....

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Amen!

0 comments: