CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

From the Coast

The clouds are tucked in all around us... not an ounce of sun. I sit in the middle story of our three story condo with silence all around. I would be at the beach, but am content not to be. The cold weather has us somewhat locked in but honestly, locked in suits me well. These days, I have longed to be "locked in" to my home with nothing but time on my hands. Even better than being "locked in" to my own home, is to be here where I do not feel tempted to clean, do laundry, or tend the yard. I can sit, in totally peace. I am in my pajamas still and pondering what we should do today. Read? Watch rented movies? Nap?? So nice to have so many options.

I am looking forward to our children joining us on Tuesday. So many things Jason and I see remind us of how our children would respond. Last night we went out to dinner and then walking in the marina. There was a groovy two man band inspiring guests of a coffee shop along the way, and even though we are not avid coffee drinkers, we found ourselves ordering SOMETHING to drink, just so we could stay and listen. We can't wait to take our kids there. The little ones will love to dance to the music and Celia and her friend that she is bringing will love to poke around at the little shops in the area.

Yesterday was also cloudy and cold. Looks like nearly every day this week will be this way. Won't make for much fun at the beach, I am afraid. But it is a change of pace for us all and there are plenty of things to do that are inexpensive and different. We will make it work.

I am so bummed that I forgot my camera. How does that happen?? I love pictures and lately... well, I am not so good at taking them.

Anyway, just wanted to share my chillin' vibes for CA! Love to you all.

0 comments: