CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Big Move is Coming

Jason and I have come to a difficult decision. We are moving back into our old home, lovingly called our Villa Rita home, by the first week of so of August. This was a hard decision to come to for many reasons, but in weighing them all, we must get rid of all our homes but one. People are not traveling and long term tenancy will not work for our properties as we had hoped. This has led us to a point of needing to choose a home.

We heard a sermon the other day about discipline. How God disciplines us all our whole lives out of love. As I sat in my seat, I was thinking about all the decisions J and I have made that led to this point in our lives. I am humbled by the great blessings that have been poured onto us from the day of our creation, all the way to the recent blessings of our children and homes. And how now, we are being tought so much through consequences and tough choices with further consequences to follow them. I thank God for the choices before me, and I so much want to do the honoring thing in making them. We have prayed much, and talked much... and now we are moving.

A house is a house. I didn't use to feel that way. I felt like if I loved my house, I couldn't and wouldn't give it up! Seems so silly of a thought, for a while now. What makes my house a home moves with me. It is my family, my scrap books, my pictures on the walls, the quilts that have been so lovingly sewn for me, the four legged creatures that break it in with fresh pee confusions, and laughter between the walls and spin cycle completing on the washing machine. I feel so blessed that my family is nearby, that my friends, though we rarely see eachother these days, are close and able to remain my support system. (Loving you at a distance, Joyce! SOrry!)

Anyway, we will be packing in between our summer "stuff" and then preparing Villa Rita to become a home once again. I am sure the house misses our craziness... misses our gatherings, our walls being rammed with children's toys, a phone ringing, and dogs soiling the lawn. If my Villa Rita house could talk, I think it would say "I am tired of being a landing spot and just a house. I am ready to welcome you HOME." I would smile, thank my house, and then send the kids running and screaming through it while J and I held hands on the step in the foyer simply taking it all in.

3 comments:

Melody said...

What? You are moving? What?!? What?!?

beBOLDjen said...

I know it's been along road to this decision and you have many difficult decision to follow through on but really what better house to live in than the LOVELY Villa Rita house? I'm so fond of that place myself! I can't wait to have you back in it :-)

Grandma Shakin' said...

You always have felt something special about the Villa Rita house and the move back there is where you and your family should be. It is always hard to make moves but have a feeling this time you will be smiling as you are packing....love you sweetness