CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

What is Worse than Vaseline??

Many of you will remember a certain scrap book weekend in which my husband called to tell me that something bad had happened. Remember? The kids, only Cole and Lexi at the time, had gotten into the diaper cabinet and spread Vaseline all over the house.

The next bad "spill" was a 5 gallon paint bucket. You have to remember that?? We were doing the addition at our other home and Tim had left the paint bucket on the living room carpet where he had been showing me a color sample. Cole and Lexi decided to use Daddy's work shoe to "paint" the surrounding area and themselves. Good times!

Well, this one is about that good. Want to know, don't you??

KARO SYRUP!!! YUP... Celia had left her backpack downstairs and the tots decided to get into it while I was outside washing the car. (She had Karo syrup in there for a science project.) Dad stepped out to help me with a few last details and at the time, I thought to myself," I don't know that it is a good idea that Dad left the kids in there alone." Well, turns out that my every instinct was right.

I walked into Abby with an empty, but quite sticky bottle pressed against the water dispenser on the fridge. Karo in her hair, in Cole's hair, and Lexi's too. There were 2 big puddles of this intensly sticky goo on the carpet as well as many invisible spots later to found as crunchy spots under ones bare feet when walking on the carpet. ANd yes, this is AFTER the spot cleaning and a thurough carpet shampooing. We all know that this sugary substance will be a magnet for every dirt that one didn't even know existed in my house, and ordinary dirts alike. I continue to spot clean and the fibers crunch below my feet but still have not gotten them all nearly a full week later.

So what is worse than Vaseline? Paint.

And what is worse than paint? Karo.

I should invite the school here to complete the science experiment that was once intended to be in Celia's science class.

3 comments:

Julie said...

oh wow. you poor thing.

beBOLDjen said...

Yikes. That's on emess I don't want to take on!

I bet the kids had one GREAT time before they got busted! HAHAHAH

? said...

I really enjoyed browsing through your archives. Please don't forget to bring me back here on your next update? Also I would like to follow your blog.
Thanks